Saturday, January 10, 2009

Memories

In Memory of Alvin Maddison Hanson
8 July 1915 - 10 January 2009
Grandpa passed away at 4:56 pm today. My dad, uncle Gary, and I were with him at the hospital. I am sad about the loss of my grandfather, but I rejoice that he has gone on to a better place and can reunite with his beloved wife who died a year ago.

Just 13 days ago, we visited Grandpa. He played a game of chess with Kegan and hosted dinner. The above picture was taken then. The kids were getting a little goofy, but we really enjoyed visiting him. Before this last year, I have never lived in the same state as any of my grandparents. During 2008, we visited Grandpa several times during the year. He even played frisbee with us this summer.

Both of my grandmothers passed away at the end of 2007, so in just a short time, I went from having 3 living grandparents to none. I am grateful for the legacy they have left and love them dearly.

3 comments:

Jon and Kelly Pack said...

I am praying for your family. I am so sorry for your loss, but what a blessing that you were able to be with him. God Bless

erin said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you are doing alright.

Trudy said...

How nice to have a photo of Grandpa Hanson with your family. I know he appreciated all those trips you made to Providence for visits.