Monday, July 7, 2008


On Tuesday, June 24 the kids and I went to Magleby's Fresh (restaurant) with Cheri (Nick's sister) and Chad Evans and their kids. While the adults ordered, Garrett managed to fall, hit a chair, and cut his head open. None of the adults saw exactly what happened, but Cheri and I quickly left Chad with the other 4 kids and took Garrett to an urgent care center which we had just seen on the way to the restaurant. The gash was about an inch and a half long and seemed pretty deep to me (but not to the skull). After cleaning, and numbing the area, the doctor put 6 staples in Garrett's head. No swimming for a week. Garrett was pretty brave throughout the ordeal and back to normal spirits soon. The best part was getting a Kung Fu Panda sticker! After the exciting event, we all went to Bridal Veil Falls. Unfortunately both my camera and Cheri's camera had no good batteries. The kids enjoyed walking in the water at the bottom, and Garrett managed to get pretty wet, but his head stayed dry. Garrett got the staples out a week later which he was pretty happy about. I don't think the scar will be noticeable until he shaves his head!

No comments: